FACULTY OF LAW > Law :
Faculty of Law has been a pioneer legal institutions of India. It was established in 1921 with Mr. Jag Mohan Nath Chak as the first Dean. The real architect was Prof. R.U.Singh who with great zeal and enthusiasm organized teaching and research in the faculy in a systematic way. He held the office of the Dean, Faculty of Law till 1956. He also structured the Law Faculties of Delhi and Benaras Hindu University. Dr. V.N.Shukla, the well known authority of Constitutional Law was the first LL.M. of the University. The Faculty has produced many distinguished personalities including Dr. Shanker Dayal Sharma, former President of India, Shri Ram Krishna Hegde, former Chief Minister of Karnataka, Mr. Surjeet Singh Barnala, the Governer of Uttaranchal and Mr. N.K.P.Salve. Similarly, Mr. Justice A.S.Anand, Former Chief Justice of India and Mr. Justice Saghir Ahmed , Mr. Justice Brijesh Kumar of the Supreme Court and many Higyh Court Judges graduated from this Faculty.
- LL.B. (three Year Course)
- LL.B. (Hons) five year a course (self financing)
- LL.M. (Master of Laws)
- M.B.L. (Master of Business Laws)
- M.L.P.M. (Master of Labour & Personal Management)
- P.G.D.C.(P.G.Diploma in Criminology & Penalogy)
- D.L.P.M.(P.G.Diploma in Labour & Personal Management)
- E.P.L.(P.G.Diploma in Environmental & Protection Laws)
- C.P.L.(P.G.Diploma in Criminal Procedure & Advocacy.